EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

FS 88 Alfa Spider Graduate-Boston

roverguy

FS 88 Alfa Spider Graduate-Boston

Post  roverguy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:27 pm

1988 Alfa Romeo Graduate

Originally Fla. car, approx 140k miles. Car is almost rust free except for two small spots on front fenders at rocker and on windshield cowl. I purchased car from 2nd owner who brought it up from Fla. but never drove it. Paint is totally faded from Fla. sun. Needs new top and seat covers. I spent a good part of last winter replacing all vacuum and fuel hoses, motor mounts, ignition wires, cap, plugs and all filters. Cleaned the fuel rail and replaced the injector seals and hoses. Replaced all 4 calipers, flex hoses and pads; rotors were fine. Looks like clutch and brake master were recently replaced. While doing brakes I wire brushed the wheel wheels and coated with rubberized undercoating. I also sprayed Eastwood rust inhibitor into all the sills to prevent any rust.

I pulled out the interior, installed new door panel cards and cleaned all the floors, again no rust and lined the floors with heat/sound deadening. I have cleaned and coated just about every electrical connection and ground and all the electrics work fine. I also replaced the in tank fuel pump and sender. Engine runs great, good oil pressure and pulls strong. Clutch feels good, but has 3rd gear weak synchro which is cranky when cold. I drained and filled every fluid in the car including the coolant, diff, tranny (Red Line) & brake fluid. AC was not working so I removed the entire unit, saving probably 40lbs. I sanded the steel wheels and refinished with classic silver wheel paint and installed stainless Alfa center caps and lugs. Brand new 195-65-14 Khumos with less than 200 miles on them. Fresh inspection sticker in Oct.

This car is by no means perfect, but is a good solid car which is difficult to find in New England. If you can do your own paint you will have a great deal. If I do not sell this Fall I may just keep it and have it sprayed and drive in the Spring and then sell for a lot more than I am asking now. I have almost $1000 in parts in this car. I also have plenty of photos to show the work as it progressed.

Poss trade for old Brit ragtop, or mid 80's BMW.

Email me for contact info and more information.

Thanks

Asking $3300 ONO.

Photos:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/102008299784876335721/AlfaRestoration?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCK7a5oyQnc3Q1wE&feat=directlink

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:13 pm