EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

+2
PiTBULLRACING
IslandMotorCars
6 posters

Pocono south/east 1 lap in car video.

IslandMotorCars
    IslandMotorCars

Pocono south/east 1 lap in car video. Empty Pocono south/east 1 lap in car video.

Post  IslandMotorCars Mon May 06, 2013 12:07 pm

here is a video of my timed lap from yesterday's time trial at Pocono. Not a perfect lap, but was fun!

https://youtu.be/SyKUj0llds4
    PiTBULLRACING
    PiTBULLRACING

Pocono south/east 1 lap in car video. Empty Re: Pocono south/east 1 lap in car video.

Post  PiTBULLRACING Tue May 07, 2013 6:23 pm

IslandMotorCars wrote:here is a video of my timed lap from yesterday's time trial at Pocono. Not a perfect lap, but was fun!

Manny, that was sick speed on the oval... nice.!!!
    PiTBULLRACING
    PiTBULLRACING

Pocono south/east 1 lap in car video. Empty Re: Pocono south/east 1 lap in car video.

Post  PiTBULLRACING Tue May 07, 2013 6:59 pm

argh !!! i deleted my video of my lap by accident !!!!
    jimmypet
    jimmypet

Post  jimmypet Wed May 08, 2013 12:29 am

IslandMotorCars wrote:here is a video of my timed lap from yesterday's time trial at Pocono. Not a perfect lap, but was fun!

Are you F'n kidding me with that transition between infield to the Long Pond Straight?
    Pocono should fire their engineer and their grader.
    Thats absolutely unacceptable that after a complete re-pave and regrade and ground up re-do that they ended up with that?
    I was very interested to see video of the new configuration,,, thats a shame.

Pocono should be extremely embarrassed.
    Very disappointing. I loved the old East course. I was really hoping for a real resurrection of the East course. It was long my favorite. Now I guess its worse than its ever been. Bad job Pocono. I wont be going back (and I live 35 minutes from the gate).

Nice lap by the way,,, Sorry for the rant on your vid comments
    Oleg P
    Oleg P

Post  Oleg P Wed May 08, 2013 1:37 am

jimmypet wrote:
    Are you F'n kidding me with that transition between infield to the Long Pond Straight?
    Pocono should fire their engineer and their grader.
    Thats absolutely unacceptable that after a complete re-pave and regrade and ground up re-do that they ended up with that?
    I was very interested to see video of the new configuration,,, thats a shame.

Pocono should be extremely embarrassed.
    Very disappointing. I loved the old East course. I was really hoping for a real resurrection of the East course. It was long my favorite. Now I guess its worse than its ever been. Bad job Pocono. I wont be going back (and I live 35 minutes from the gate).
    I drove East before the repave and it was much better indeed. Both East and South transitions (that we ran at least) are bad, with East in my opinion being worse. With North remaining the same way it was last year, Pocono managed to ruin all of their courses.

Pocono is the closest track to me and I agree: I cringe every time I do an event there.

It is mind boggling how they managed to screw the road courses so bad. The only explanation I can think of is that Nascar required the walls to be over transitions and they had to level the ground under the walls or something.

I was in 3 different cars last weekend and at speed they all bottom out on the East transition. The biggest irony of course is that that turn is the most important turn on the track, leading onto a huge straight, and therefore should be taken as fast as possible.
    quikgt
    quikgt

Post  quikgt Wed May 08, 2013 7:35 am

The infield layouts at Pocono are there for the small clubs. All track changes are made to facilitate safety or preferences for the Nascar races. There is an option to run East, without going onto the banking, and utilizing part of the infield at South. Perhaps the folks at EMRA could consider this option in a CCW direction, with the hairpin turn.
    miniracer
    miniracer

Post  miniracer Wed May 08, 2013 4:15 pm

transition was harsh, had my camera mounted firm, the force was enough to move it off center at 5:50 in the video:

jimmypet
    jimmypet

Post  jimmypet Wed May 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Its a damn shame they spent,, probably hundreds of thousands of dollars and basically rendered the place worse than it was before.
    I had very high hopes hearing about the re-birth of the road courses at Pocono, but if thats as good as its going to get,,, I wont be going.

I did a day with Hooked on Driving to get a look at the internal East / South combo.
    Its basically two long drag race strips connected by two autocross sections.
    I guess its OK, as in any track time is better than no track time. It doesnt damage your car like that configuration EMRA used may,,, but the grading is very messy.
    Anywhere the track intersects another version (or option) you feel it. There is an off camber fall-away in one turn at the north end of it and a significant "yump" on the pit road straight away where it crosses an unused portion.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 am