EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

Can you post the results on the website

mx5

Can you post the results on the website

Post  mx5 on Thu May 09, 2013 12:18 am

Can you guys/gals post the results on the website.
    Or send me my results.
    I need to send results from two events to Mazda Motorsports to qualify for discount for parts.

Here are the requirements from Mazda

To be considered valid, official race results must include all the following information:
    1) Your name
    2) Race event name and date
    3) Racing class and finishing position in that class
    4) The make/model of the vehicle in which you competed (MyLaps and other results that do not show make or model will not be considered valid)

Thanks.
    MonsterRaceworx

Re: Can you post the results on the website

Post  MonsterRaceworx on Thu May 09, 2013 1:41 pm

If you call them on the phone they may set you up over the phone. I sent in results last season and never heard back from them for over a month. I called to see what was going on and they handled the whole thing on the phone. I have heard from other mazda guys that their online response was almost nonexistant. Even ordering parts is, from what I have heard, better over the phone.

Joe
    Oleg P

Post  Oleg P on Fri May 10, 2013 2:06 am

Also waiting for the results to find out who is making championship attempts this year.
    PiTBULLRACING

Post  PiTBULLRACING on Fri May 10, 2013 8:54 am

I will contact them and get an answer for us all. Please stand by
    vortexblue

Post  vortexblue on Fri May 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Oleg P wrote:Also waiting for the results to find out who is making championship attempts this year.

I'm out.
    I'm headed to California to go get a MCS title out there in 2014. Wink
    I hope to show up at the next LRP race, but that's all I can do this year.

As for MazdaSpeed, I had to call to get the process further along as well. I ended up only using the discount 2 or 3 times for smaller things like the motor mounts.
    MonsterRaceworx

Post  MonsterRaceworx on Thu May 30, 2013 8:35 am

Have the results been posted from Pocono? I am not having any luck with the "Results" link on the main page. Is it just my computer?
    WebsterMR2

post results

Post  WebsterMR2 on Thu May 30, 2013 2:49 pm

I cannot find any results either - results tab does not work
    mario fallas

Post  mario fallas on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:34 pm

And Here I was thinking it was my ipad and the adobe flash crap
    Oleg P

Post  Oleg P on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:40 am

Not only are 2013 results missing, so are 2012 and 2011 results. Good job whoever decided to "redesign" the website rather than simply change 2012 dates to 2013.
    miniracer

Post  miniracer on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 am

I have an offer out to volunteer to redo the web site, which I can do fairly quickly (1 month) as well as post all the past results from MYLAPS and do a little aggregation with those results. I did a little teaser in a password protected part of my site for the directors of the proposed site, I would just need to pack it up and drop it in emraracing.org.

I'm here to help, I understand there is a board that needs approval of changes but I would have no problem updating the site quickly after events to post results and championship standings.
    WebsterMR2

webmaster

Post  WebsterMR2 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Please let the man work on it - the only reason I do this is to see my name in lights on the results list and calculate how much better I could have been if ONLY the wind was in the other direction.

Results please please.
    MonsterRaceworx

Post  MonsterRaceworx on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:55 am

Are we giving up on Pocono results and now moving forward to LRP results?
    miniracer

Post  miniracer on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:42 pm

This is what I proposed to the Directors but I haven't heard back from them. Its all based on Joomla for those in the know. I had a template for a Mini Cooper web site I was going to create last year but modified it slightly and filled it with EMRA content. The entire site is web based, adding pages and modifying the web site is done through a control panel rather than some HTML software. This entire site recreation took me 1 or 2 hours this past week a night. So, if I can recreate a site in a week, I can update the web site for any events results in less than 15 minutes if the data is given to me timely.

Below is the proposed front page, its visually appealing. I think for those that have sponsors, it is nice to have a media centric web site. There is some fake Formula 1 content in there but the Videos tab has recorded laps from people who post on youtube. I still have some cleaning up to do, I tried to fill everything up so I can propose the web site, small little items I need to add like, "Get started with EMRA", etc. can be easily added.

About Us screenshot

Time Trial Screenshot

Schedule Page, can be modified in less than 10 seconds for any changes.

Was planning on having a Driver Page where those that have more than 3 events with EMRA can have their profile listed, some bio information if they wanted along with a gallery of their photos. If you look at the Tuner Modified FWD, that's me!

The results page will have each session from mylaps listed in it. The points standings with run along the sidebar.

2013 Results, If I had data, this would be populated. I could even update the results while we are at the track just by logging in and pasting in the results from an ipad.

That's that, the grunt work is mostly done, there is some cleanup required and a bold move by the Directors would be needed to switch over to this site and allow me to maintain the site. I am a member of the SSSC&BDS. New member but certainly enthusiastic as shown above. All the control of the web site will be given to board if they wanted that as well. ANYONE, with skills in Joomla (a popular content management system) can update the web site.

I hope that these delays whether at the track or in updating the site for results wont  diminish the enthusiasm for EMRA by its participants. I like running with this group, I liked Tom when I met him last year and I like the new Board this year.

We'll see what happens, if not, I have a cool looking web site if anyone has any ideas what to do with.
    miniracer

Post  miniracer on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:40 am

Its an open invite for EMRA. I opened up the potential web site but under the domain's name and a little more generic for Time Time Racing. Might consider using it as an ESPN for time trial racing. Who knows. lol

http://timetrialmotorsports.com

whats great about this setup is the driver page. It will keep the whole history of a drivers best lap times at every event.

the results page needs a little formatting, might have time for that in the fall. I dumped the EMRA results in a spreadsheet and aggregated the results a little. No points standings, although I could display it but forgot how points are given at each event and also don't know who a racer is.

Creator

Post  Creator on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:34 pm

What happened with this?
    miniracer

Post  miniracer on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:39 pm

They got back to me, just not sure how to respond. I am seeing them tomorrow at NJMP.
    sstew007

Was there any progress?

Post  sstew007 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Was there any progress?
    miniracer

Post  miniracer on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:46 pm

Yes, lots

The web site is being staged here: www.timetrialmotorsports.com

I wouldn't signup or register to it yet because that is not where its home will be, it will be here. I have to move it at some point in the next week or two when I get all the EMRA content on it, make it look nice and clean up the links then pack it up and move it to emraracing.org. I spend an hour or two a day, maybe crank it out during the weekend for a final push.

I wanted the new site to be really cool looking, have Facebook functions and be a little more driver centric. We are the ones who make EMRA and I know we want a little bit more out of it other than a trophy and a few beers. I am hoping it draws more participants because now they will have a place where their results and profile will always be posted and it makes the series and classes more interesting now that you can click through each driver and see who they are and what their times were at each event.

Some cool features:
    - Driver Profiles - Each driver that attends an event(transponder) will have a profile page. That page will list your best times at every event. It will populate as time goes on, so that you can compare your times year over year. The profile can also have your picture displayed, at the current time, only the site admin can add your picture, but hoping to have a user function where you can upload it yourself. There will also be an option for you to display a gallery of pictures(winter 2013), possibly your youtube library as well.
    - Forum on site, the forum will be within the web site itself, so once you register, you will be registered to the forum as well.
    - Quicker posting of event results. I come from finance, we get stuff out of the way quickly. I will do my best to get these results up fast WITH the points standings, now that I have some systems in place. I'll bug people to high hell to get it so that it can be posted quickly since I'm an EMRA driver as well. We all want the results faster - its more professional to do so and give it us.
    - RSS feed for news, in addition to emails to notify you of schedule changes, event schedules, etc. The news tabs will also be RSS, so you can add that feed if you use anything that collects RSS feeds.
    - Lots of pictures - With Dave Zipkin's permission, I might ask him to upload all the pictures he takes, we'll watermark them and make them available for purchase as he does at the track.
    - Video feed - Share your in-car video feeds on the site in the dedicated video section

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Regards
    MiniRacer #42

wreckerboy

Post  wreckerboy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Awesome! Nice to see some new blood stepping in and taking charge!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:29 pm