EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

4 posters

Did anyone run with trackdaze?

mx5
    mx5

Did anyone run with trackdaze? Empty Did anyone run with trackdaze?

Post  mx5 Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:29 am

Did anyone run with Trackdaze?
    Do you have any comments?
    mario fallas
    mario fallas

Did anyone run with trackdaze? Empty Re: Did anyone run with trackdaze?

Post  mario fallas Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Good show, well run, did Monticello in 2010, they seem to run NJMP n south, have not seen them further north since then .
    dubbedown
    dubbedown

Post  dubbedown Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:34 pm

mx5 wrote:Did anyone run with Trackdaze?

TD is good value but not crazy about their lax rules. I encountered some questionable passing by others through the turns, when no point was given (this was a DE event and not TT/race).
    Oleg P
    Oleg P

Post  Oleg P Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:18 am

dubbedown wrote:
    mx5 wrote:Did anyone run with Trackdaze?

TD is good value but not crazy about their lax rules. I encountered some questionable passing by others through the turns, when no point was given (this was a DE event and not TT/race).
    Did you bring this up to the attention of officials during the event? What was their response?

Unless you were driving in the instructor group, where point bys are optional.
    dubbedown
    dubbedown

Post  dubbedown Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:26 am

Yes, it was brought up in class but it didnt matter. The driver didnt belong in our group but they only put him in advance because he drove a fast car (viper). But it's this kind of logic (group placement based on car and not skill) that put me off.

Oleg P
    Oleg P

Post  Oleg P Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:24 am

Obviously I was not there, but you were passed by a Viper in a corner and you say it was the car and not the driver? Where was YOUR point by upon seeing said Viper on the preceding straight?

Sounds like the rest of your run group may not have agreed with your assessment of what happened.
    dubbedown
    dubbedown

Post  dubbedown Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 am

dubbedown wrote:
    ... I encountered some questionable passing by others through the turns, when no point was given (this was a DE event and not TT/race).

Oleg P wrote:Obviously I was not there, but you were passed by a Viper in a corner and you say it was the car and not the driver? Where was YOUR point by upon seeing said Viper on the preceding straight?

Sounds like the rest of your run group may not have agreed with your assessment of what happened.

dubbedown wrote:.. they only put him in advance because he drove a fast car (viper). But it's this kind of logic (group placement based on car and not skill) that put me off.

You don't need to assess anything, just read what I wrote carefully. I said in my first point a point was not given to the driver. Also I never said he was able to make the pass due to his car's speed. I said he was placed in our (faster) run group because of his car. However if you like the full story, here's how it happened:

This took place on NJMP Lightning at Turn 1. There were 3 cars coming down the main straight, a VW R32, something else I don't recall and then myself. The Viper was behind me and I gave him the point but by the time he completed the pass, the other 2 cars were already entering the braking zone. However that didn't stop him from passing the other 2 cars. As the R32 was entering T1, the Viper came up and tried to take the inside lane. The VW clearly didn't expect him and almost made contact. In the last moment the R32 had to make an evasive maneuver and chop the wheel left causing him to almost go off.

If you're going to respond "well you did give him the point" -- yes I gave the Viper a point and I didn't have issues with him passing me on the straight. But he didn't receive a point from the R32 driver and passing him in the turn was dangerous and stupid. Just to reiterate, a point was never given by the middle car nor the R32. Viper saw ONE point (given by me) and passed THREE cars -- 3rd car was entering T1.

And believe it or not Oleg, the rest of the group did agree with my assessment because the incident was brought up during class. Sadly, the instructor had to go over the basics of what's a point, how to effectively give a point and where the passing zones are. I later pulled the instructor to the side and asked if the Viper really belonged in our group and he told me the driver was in a lower group but they bumped him because his car was too fast. By that logic anyone with over 400whp should be in Advanced DE scratch
    Oleg P
    Oleg P

Post  Oleg P Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Thanks, that explains everything.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 am