EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

NJMP Preliminary Results and Points Stadings

miniracer

NJMP Preliminary Results and Points Stadings

Post  miniracer on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Waiting for some logistics on moving the site but for now results are posted here:

NJMP Time Trial Results: http://timetrialmotorsports.com/results/roundresult/5-emra-njmp-lightning-july-28-2013
    Preliminary Points Standings: http://timetrialmotorsports.com/results/points-standings

The Race Standings will be posted this week at some point. I will also have the times by each run group posted. Just a matter of figuring out where to put it on the page.

Big Thanks to David Addiss!
    miniracer

Re: NJMP Preliminary Results and Points Stadings

Post  miniracer on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Raw Data Posted for almost all events in 2013 (FRCCA, Vintage, racing, etc.): http://timetrialmotorsports.com/results/raw-data
    mx5

how do we tie the user to the timetrilar in the new website

Post  mx5 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:45 am

Hey B,
    How do we tie the login to the Drivers on the new website?
    I want to put up a picture

miniracer

Post  miniracer on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:29 am

hey K, ill give everyone status below:

- Points Standings, they are up and subject to change slightly. What could change them slightly are a couple of guys(2-3) who registered for events in different classes(maybe thats ok, not sure) and 2-3 guys that are considered racers and shouldnt be in the points standings. The following classes could be materially affected ST1, ST2, ST3, ST AWD, TM-AWD possibly TM-RWD. Working on fixing that with board.

-Results - I received about 25-30 spreadsheets of results on Sunday afternoon for the whole season and cranking away at getting them up on the site with David Addiss. The results are all up for time trials, still have to put in the racers. Part of the delay is just the massive amount of data I received, sorting it and resolving any issues with it, then figuring out a nice way to post that information. I still think it could be nicer but for now just getting it up so people know where they stand in each class.

- Driver Profiles - There is an app on the new web site that actually controls the results. It could also control the points standings. As you will notice, on some results you can click your name and your profile will come up, on some results your name doesnt have a link to the profile. For points standings, i did that outside of the app in a spreadsheet. At some point this year, the points standings will click through to your profile letting the app control the points standings. I'm a spreadsheet guy so I want to do it outside the app first, then do it in the app and make sure they are identical.The raw data dumps will not have links to your profile. I still need to add some code to allow you to post your own picture, for now pictures will be posted by me. Maybe me and DZ will take profile shots at Lime Rock for the site. There will also be an option to add a gallery to your profile, that too requires some code and i havent addressed it.

- Message Board - The site has its own message board, there is one issue with it, when you type in the white box, the font is also white, so you cant see what you are typing. I havent spent any time on it, but that will be fixed before it is transitioned to emraracing.org.

- Some cleanup of various links to register for events. Put that on hold to get the results up.

So, this has been the priority list:

1. Get the standings/results up and resolve open issues. Thats why we are with EMRA! To get results from our events and compete. There are lots of organizations out there to get track time, we are here for competing! After the event, you should come to a web site that has your results, history and pictures, etc.

2. Clean up the site links(rules and regs, registering for events, etc.)

3. move the site over to emraracing.org.

4. Document how the web site works for the board so that I am not the only one controlling the site. Teach Dave Zipkin to post picture galleries, teach Time Trial/race score keeper to update results. Teach Mary how to post news.

With that being said, I only have an hour or two a night during the week to work on the site. I have a little more time on the weekend to work on it and finish it. Although its time consuming to build the site, I think once everything is caught up, this will be an easy less time consuming process going forward. I am 100% sure that it will be and we will get results/ points standings faster.

I'd like to see EMRA succeed and grow and it needs a single focal point or community to grow. In the old days people used to meet up and throw back beers but these days everything is online.

It'll get there!
    MonsterRaceworx

Post  MonsterRaceworx on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Since you brought up "classes", I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the Miata Challenge classes? Will it be included in future events and if so can my past events be applied to the MC class? The info is still on the original EMRA web site. http://www.emraracing.org/miata-challenge.html  Will this be included on the new website? Will it be in the motorsportsreg que?
    miniracer

Post  miniracer on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:45 pm

I have the Miata Challenge classes in the points standings for this year. Are you talking about prior years?

http://timetrialmotorsports.com/results/points-standings - Miata Challenge

http://timetrialmotorsports.com/racing/item/124-miata-challenge-series - Miata Challenge series on new site
    civicminded

Post  civicminded on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:32 am

Miniracer. Great job with the TT/race results, points, standings, pictures, etc. Job well done and much appreciated. cheers 
    curious

Post  curious on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:43 pm

While I and many others applaud the new web site (one of the best ever) where are all the archived results dating back to the late '90s.

this is important historical data as well as a huge part of EMRA and many who have participated for decades like to look back at past results.

While EMRA needs to look forward and progress it is just as important not to forget where you came from.

Again, nice job and great to see new volunteers, just don't forget that there is a 40 year history that has all but been deleted in the past 3 years.
    miniracer

Post  miniracer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:17 pm

totally understandable. I did backup the whole web site before I moved it and tried to find 2012 and prior data but I could not find the standings anywhere. I'll keep looking but hopefully that stuff was backed up somewhere.

The current site is down for a little bit, the front end was fine, the back end where I do some of the content didn't come in as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:13 pm