EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

4 posters

Summit Point Low-Down?

VDubber
    VDubber

Summit Point Low-Down? Empty Summit Point Low-Down?

Post  VDubber Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Hey, since this forum is relatively new, didn't see any older posts about Summit Point.

I'm trying to learn about Camping (w/the RV) at the track, and also the best route to the take off of I-95.

I remember driving down a few years ago for an event at Shenandoah, and remember having to drive along a river with about 2" of room to spare on either side of the road.

Any better road's to take with the folks bring down their haulers? Or is the Rt 70w/40w/15s/340s the only way in?

Also, Summit's website had nada on Camping at the track. Is their Elec/Water hook-ups available? Is it an Elec only place with bathrooms/showers in a separate building?

Or do we bring candles, a bucket of rain water and an old coffee can?

Appreciate it,

Rob.. cheers
    Dave Z
    Dave Z

Summit Point Low-Down? Empty Is rustic the word?

Post  Dave Z Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:38 am

Rob, I've only tent camped at the main circuit but I think there are some electrical outlets available. The restrooms are ancient--but warm! The more modern facilities at the Shenandoah circuit are only a minute away.
    You can avoid 340 by approaching from the west---that is by using I-81, exiting at Rt 51 (going towards Charles Town) and then a right turn a few miles up the road at the intersection for a historic village (name escapes me at the moment). That takes you to the road the track is on--make a right--the track is only a mile or two from there.
    wreckerboy
    wreckerboy

Summit Point Low-Down? Empty Re: Summit Point Low-Down?

Post  wreckerboy Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:42 pm

There are brand new restrooms in the main paddock now - clean, and well lit. Probably warm as well. There is also a decent facility next to the tower as well. Electricity is available in the paddock as well (at least in the infield inside of T10) , but you'll have to talk to track management about hooking up. Rental fees are reasonable, I'm told.

Depending upon where you are coming from, there are different routes. We make the tow down there multiple times per year and have found that from central Jersey the easiest route is to take the Pennsy Pike to Rt. 15, 15 south to 340, through town and out to the track. Yes, the bridge is narrow, but the lane is standard issue, so it should be no problem unless you're driving the Queen Mary. Alternatively, if you time it to avoid Baltimore rush hour traffic, take 95 - 695 - 70 - 340. Just watch the radar on 70 - several times earlier this year we could have baked a potato from the microwaves.
    Flashgordon
    Flashgordon

Post  Flashgordon Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:35 pm

If my memory is right, electric is $20 or $25 for the weekend. There are plenty of electric hookups in the paddock. Just find the spot you want and get the number off of the electric box. You just stop back at the guard shack where you come into the track and tell him the number box you want to use and pay. He'll give you the key that you return when you leave. Also think there is a $20 deposit you get back when you return the key. The showers at the track are new and not too bad.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:46 am