EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

5 posters

Enduro pricing

Oleg P
    Oleg P

Enduro pricing Empty Enduro pricing

Post  Oleg P Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:06 am

I am looking to race wheel to wheel this year therefore I am paying more attention to race entry fees.

$300 for 1 hour of track time for Pocono enduro sounds pretty insane. I wanted to run enduros as well but at these expenditure levels I don't think I will. I don't know how many cars you are expecting (so far zero are signed up and we are 2 weeks out) but at Summit Point last year there were about 5. Paying $300 to drive by myself for an hour is not exactly highly appealing.

This is in addition to racers paying more than time trialers for what I understand is less track time.

It is actually cheaper to race with NASA NE now and they will easily have 4x as many cars as EMRA can expect to field (assuming race entries break double digits - so far there are 4). Have a look: https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1538 (and by the way that is a 4 hour enduro, current Summit Point 2013 enduro fee is $475).

I predict this approach that EMRA is taking now with pricing is not going to end well. As much as I want to support EMRA, $800/weekend in entry fees is simply not doable. Work on making the events more appealing to old and new drivers alike rather than charging loyal drivers crazy entry fees please.

If you want my advice here it is: combine white with blue, students with red and double everyone's track time. Combine race and enduro practice. Either combine race and enduro qualifying or start enduro in registration order. This way you will have 3 run groups which will give everyone 2.5 hours of track time in an 8 hour day. Lastly offer this at normal TT prices, adjust race prices to be either same as TT or proportionate to how much track time racers get vs TTers, and offer enduro for $150 instead of $300, discounted to $100. Too many TT cars? Combine first and last sessions, leave mid-day sessions where most people will try to post their best time separate. Have you ever had too many enduro cars? Even in 2011 I don't think you did.
    mac342
    mac342

Enduro pricing Empty Re: Enduro pricing

Post  mac342 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:16 pm

THANKS FOR TH ADVICE, OLEG I WILL LET BOARD MEMBERS KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS
    MARY :O)
    quikgt
    quikgt

Post  quikgt Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 am

I've also noticed the price increases from last year. ALL of our events this year now cost more and are almost as expensive as LRP which is usually our most expensive. What's up EMRA?
    mac342
    mac342

Post  mac342 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:50 pm

HELLO
    DUE TO TRACK AND INSURANCE PRICES INCREASING WE HAD TO RAISE OUR EVENT PRICES. NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.
    THIS WAS NOT SOMETHING WE LIKED DOING JUST SOMETHING THAT HAD TO BE DONE, WE HELD PRICES WHERE WE COULD.
    MARY COX EMRA REGISTRAR/SECRETARY
    SBRacing
    SBRacing

Post  SBRacing Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Oleg,
    the $300 is not just for a one hour enduro
    you will have a 30 minute practice, 30 min qual and one hour enduro.
    thats 2 hours of track time. not just one one hour session...
    racers also will get 4 30 minute sessions.
    racers pay more bc the insurance for wheel to wheel RACING is more
    expensive.
    whats going to happen next year when you have to get a hans device too to race??
    Im just saying. I agree with you on a certain level we have to at least break even and basing costs on track increases and number of entries. its not easy
    most pricing we tried to keep the same but tracks are increasing costs including pocono. its a very difficult thing
    mx5
    mx5

Post  mx5 Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:12 pm

How much track time does the time trialers get?
    Is the Pocono's schedule finalized?
    Can you post the schedule either here or on the website?
    Oleg P
    Oleg P

Post  Oleg P Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:20 pm

I bought a Hans device this year actually. I would have bought it last year if I could try different ones and make sure I got the right one for me, that was the hold up and not its cost.

I still would think that someone running both races and the enduro would prefer to skip practice or qualifying (seeing how they would practice anyway and then race) to reduce non-competition wear on the car and have the fee reduced accordingly. In other words, what I said earlier about combining groups.

If nobody (or 5 cars) are running at your pricing you are not really coming out ahead, are you?
    mac342
    mac342

Post  mac342 Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:28 pm

hey ken
    just waiting for schedule approval and will post in both places please give me a day or till board meeting tues and if all good will be posting tentative schedule
    mary
    mx5
    mx5

Post  mx5 Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:45 pm

mac342 wrote:hey ken
    just waiting for schedule approval and will post in both places please give me a day or till board meeting tues and if all good will be posting tentative schedule
    mary

Any news on that schedule?
    mac342
    mac342

Post  mac342 Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:54 pm

WRITING INTO FORUM NOW BOTH RACE NOTICE AND SCHEDULES FOR SAT/SUN ... I'M JUST SLOW AND WAS IN HOSP YEST GETTING SPINE SHOTS OTHERWISE IT WOULD OF BEEN DONE! :O) I WILL HAVE 2 NEW THREADS ONE FOR SCHEDULE AND 1 FOR RACER NOTICE
    SORRY FOR DELAY!!!
    MARY :O)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:42 am