EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

+3
mx5
PiTBULLRACING
GOD
7 posters

Lime Rock Time Trial

GOD
    GOD

Lime Rock Time Trial Empty Lime Rock Time Trial

Post  GOD Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Hey! Sorry to all of you who were looking for times early in the day.

I was new to the software and were were missing a COM port so I could not print anything until the end of the day after we unplugged the T&S decoder.

We will take steps to make sure it does not happen again.

Would the young man that was assisting me in T&S please contact me at rferdon@optonline.net

Thanks

FD
    PiTBULLRACING
    PiTBULLRACING

Lime Rock Time Trial Empty Re: Lime Rock Time Trial

Post  PiTBULLRACING Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to EMRA for putting on another great show at LimeRock.

I was looking forward to this event all winter long !!!! The damn NorthEast winter reallllly got to me this year..

Although it was cold and windy, and rain threatened all day, we lucked out with clear weather till the last run set for the whole group ( i think )

I must say, my buddy and i really contimplated running in the rain..we had never done that before, and we were driving our daily drivers. He had a new to him car that was three weeks old that he was sorting out (and in a convertible , poor guy running in the rain) , and i had my car on tires that were 1 treadwear step away from r-comps

We took the first couple of wet laps easy, took what we learned in the past,(all track time at EMRA events mind you) and have a WHOLE new respect for speed and car control than ever before.. Braking, turn in, accelerating out of the corner, brought a whole new meaning to controlled driving.. when we finally finished our laps and spoke in the pits, we were happy that we stuck it out and tried it. Damn ABS really does work... LOL!!!!!!

Dan and I placed second and third in our class of 20 (ST-2) respectively and were happy to walk away with trophies. We both bettered our times from last year to boot.

when does reg open for the next event !!!

Thanks again

mx5
    mx5

Lime Rock Time Trial Empty When should we expect the result to be posted online?

Post  mx5 Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:29 pm

When should we expect the result to be posted online?
    jbednarsh
    jbednarsh

Post  jbednarsh Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Just a quick shout out to those who organized & ran Sunday's event - nice job!

Sunday was my first EMRA time trial. I've run with many other groups in the past, you never really know what good organization is until you've experienced a poorly run event. Kudos to the EMRA team for fighting through weather, some off-track excursions, computer problems etc to have a fun & safe outcome.

It was also the first track event that I've ever brought my wife to. She had a good time as well, hanging out in the T&S room listening to all the radio chatter was like a reality TV show to her. We did have to leave a bit early though, I only wanted to push my luck so far Cool I found out this morning that I placed second in ST-1, second overall - very exciting cheers Can't wait to do another one with EMRA. Now if I can only get out of the student group...

Michael McLaughlin
    Michael McLaughlin

Post  Michael McLaughlin Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:35 pm

I am glad that so many people came out to play in the poor weather. Rain is really good for motorsports participants to experience. All of your mistakes are magnified which forces you to become a smoother driver. Also, you have an excuse to hang your rear end out around corners a bit more...

I feel your pain, fellow convertible drivers. My first Lime Rock experience was rain right from the get-go. The best that day was equivilant to the worst that we experienced on Saturday. But my gosh was it fun!

I am glad to hear that everyone had a good time.

Thank you all for coming and thank you to all of the volunteers. We couldn't have done it without any of you!
    racedayvinyl
    racedayvinyl

Post  racedayvinyl Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Anyone have any pictures posted from the event?
    Dave Z
    Dave Z

Lime Rock Time Trial Empty Lime Rock photos

Post  Dave Z Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:03 pm

I'll be posting photos on my return from a NC road trip. Of course I took photos of all those that signed up with me---and quite a few other cars as well--including a bunch of wet weather frames. It was good to see many familiar faces at Lime Rock--and better still many new faces. Thank goodness the winter is over.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:54 am