EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

3 posters

Volunteer corner worker at Lime Rock this past weekend

PiTBULLRACING
    PiTBULLRACING

Volunteer corner worker at Lime Rock this past weekend  Empty Volunteer corner worker at Lime Rock this past weekend

Post  PiTBULLRACING Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:18 pm

I just wanted to say what a great day I had Volunteering as a corner worker this past Saturday.. It was an odd situiation since i only had 1 prior day experience.EMRA ran short of Experienced corner workers to pair me with, so they put me at turn 2 expecting an easy day... Well Thanks to a greasy track (due to the extreme heat, duh) I seemed to have caught a majority of the "off-track" lawn mowing lol! I am happy to say that other than a few close calls and underwear checks, they all survived unscathed. I was concerned that i wasnt going to have the skills needed ( flag and radio knowkedge) to do the needed job, but with the help of some others, and listening carefully to how the other corner workers used the radio, i am told that I did a pretty good job.

It was Hot..It was a long day...I didnt "have" to volunteer, but i did, and i really did enjoy every minute of it.

I have a new found respect for all thoses workers in white, although i always new they did a great job, and I will be damn sure they see me waive at them on Sunday at NJMP during my TT day ..

For those that have never Volunteered... you should really try it. it can get a little lonely out there, but you always know that you have alot of "friends" near by.

See you all on Sunday !!!! cheers

Regards, Alex E. Rallye BMW / PitBullRacing car # 920 white BMW 128
    c355n4
    c355n4

Volunteer corner worker at Lime Rock this past weekend  Empty Re: Volunteer corner worker at Lime Rock this past weekend

Post  c355n4 Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for volunteering! Yea, that was a pretty eventful corner this weekend. You had a great view of one of the mustangs powering out of that slide in the Big Bore race. affraid
    GOD
    GOD

Volunteer corner worker at Lime Rock this past weekend  Empty Re: Volunteer corner worker at Lime Rock this past weekend

Post  GOD Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Thanks for being there! You picked it up fast.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:06 am