EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

BRIDGEHAMPTON ANNUAL RALLY

TOMJIGSAW
    TOMJIGSAW

BRIDGEHAMPTON ANNUAL RALLY Empty BRIDGEHAMPTON ANNUAL RALLY

Post  TOMJIGSAW Sat May 26, 2012 2:33 pm

I am Earl Gandel, and I work with the Bridgehampton Historical Society in organizing their annual Rally, this year Saturday, October 6. This is an event which has been held every year for the past 18, and is meant to celebrate Bridgehampton's racing history, from street racing early in the century, after WWII, and then the Race Circuit 1956-1990. We'd like to invite EMRA and its members to participate, help, or in some way get involved.

I ran Bridgehampton Race Circuit from 1971-84, and can appreciate that EMRA was, along with SCCA, a major factor in the survival of the track for so long. Along with the rally, we have an informal car display (not a concourse, but there's some judging involved) and we'd love it if EMRA wanted to round up some race or street cars to display, whether in the rally or not. (Officially the rally is limited to pre-1960 cars, but we've been known to be loose with the rules when special cars are involved.) There are no restrictions for the car display.

Hope some of you can come, and we'd love to welcome you back.

Earl

p.s. My personal email is earl.gandel@verizon.net.