EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

FOUNDING MEMBER GOES TO BIG TRACK IN THE SKY

TOMJIGSAW
    TOMJIGSAW

FOUNDING MEMBER GOES TO BIG TRACK IN THE SKY Empty FOUNDING MEMBER GOES TO BIG TRACK IN THE SKY

Post  TOMJIGSAW Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:07 pm

In a message dated 8/2/2012 8:34:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, MGCTONY@aol.com writes:
    Gentlemen and Ladies,

Your founding member and past President Charlie Re of East Hampton is in ICU at South Hampton Hospital in South Hampton , NY. Charlie Re does not have much time left as he is dying of leukemia, diabetes and kidney failure, he is 82 years old.

Last week I was at the New Jersey Motor Racing track when I met your Chairman and other members; I was surprised to know that your organization is still alive and well. Charlie Re who has always talked fondly of the early years he was President and a member of EMRA. ( he still has some of the old newsletters)

I purchased a T-shirt and a few patches from you at the track and gave them to him yesterday at the hospital and his eyes and lit up and a huge smile came on to his face...it would mean a lot to the ole-boy if you could have some one stop over to visit him.. Charlie is still alert and your visit and presence would make him smile once more.

I have been a long time friend of Charlie's and I know this would mean a lot to him , his wife and two sons who also were helpful in the day.

Thank you in advance for your consideration as time is very limited.

Kind Regards,
    Tony Giordano
    **owner of the last surviving SSSC & BDS Race car # 75 Austin Healey Sprite

In an email received today 8/7/12:

My Friends,
    It is with deep personal sadness that I inform you all that Charlie Re Sr. has passed away at 5:26 PM last evening.

He was surrounded by his family and loved ones.

Thank you for your visit to Charlie Re at the South Hampton Hospital this past Saturday, it meant a great Deal to him and his family. Your timing was impeccable.

These are the preliminary arrangements so far which I received from Charlie Jr. yesterday:

Charlie will be waked at the Yardley and Pino Funeral Home, 94 Pantigo Road ( which is really on Montauk Hwy/27) at the East Hampton Location (631-324-6515). This is just past Accabac Rd if you are going east bound.

Thursday August 9 and Friday August 10th at 12-2pm and 4 to 7pm (subject to change will let you know)

Saturday August 11th Funeral will be at the Most Holy Trinity Church, 57 Buell Lane, East Hampton, NY (631-324-0134), * Time to be determined* . The grave site is also at The Most Holy Trinity Cemetery.

Any additions/changes to time I will let you know.

Sorry that the times are a bit vague, Charlie Jr. gave me the details rather quickly.

Kind Regards,
    Tony

Chairman's note: Charlie was a great spirit - the little time we spent with
    him was a treasure. EMRA will miss him as well as I am sure his family will.
    Anyone who met him was blessed by his warm inviting personality. We wish him peace.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:54 pm