EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

4 posters

My Tires Need a Lift To Beaver Run

Trailbraker
    Trailbraker

My Tires Need a Lift To Beaver Run Empty My Tires Need a Lift To Beaver Run

Post  Trailbraker Thu May 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Is anyone going to Beaver Run with room for 4 tires? They won't fit in my G35. They are Toyo R888's on Enkie 9.5" and 10.5" rims and are very clean and well behaved. I'm in Rockland county, NY, but can deliver them anywhere in the Hudson Valley, Northern NJ, Western CT, or Long Island. If you're running in TT/TO, I can understand your reluctance to help me get there (just check out my times from LRP!), so to insure my tires arrive with the same pressures with which they left, I might be willing to spot you .5 seconds, but no more. Anybody?
    KeithO
    KeithO

My Tires Need a Lift To Beaver Run Empty Re: My Tires Need a Lift To Beaver Run

Post  KeithO Fri May 06, 2011 6:44 am

Just a weird suggestion - if you end up with this problem unsolved by a week before the event, you could UPS them to my house (or even the track) and I can have them there for you, or you could have them at the track. I live about 15-20 minutes from the track.

I would be willing to ship them back to you after the event. Just a weird thought - might be a little expensive since tires can cost a bit to ship with wheels on them.
    Trailbraker
    Trailbraker

Post  Trailbraker Fri May 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Keith -
    Thanks for the creative suggestion, but I think the additional cost for the weekend would be prohibitive. I can't drive seven hours non-stop by myself - that means five motel nights plus about $300 for gas to/from and on the track, plus the registration and food etc. The budget is already about to burst. 'Can't take on any more. I would have liked to attend all the TT events, but it just may not be possible. Thanks again.
    racedayvinyl
    racedayvinyl

Post  racedayvinyl Fri May 06, 2011 2:55 pm

You need a roof rack!

My Tires Need a Lift To Beaver Run TireOnRoof-804px
    Trailbraker
    Trailbraker

My Tires Need a Lift To Beaver Run Empty Roof Rack?

Post  Trailbraker Fri May 06, 2011 4:49 pm

WOW, a Saab roof rack. Very eye catching innovative design. I would repaint it black to match my car and put my tires inside - much safer. Why would anybody put them on top of the rack without securing them? That's just dumb.
    TOMJIGSAW
    TOMJIGSAW

Post  TOMJIGSAW Fri May 13, 2011 12:53 pm

I would have room.
    I live on Long Island and also in Monticello.
    Monticello would be better for me.

Contact me directly for info/directions, etc.

Tom Masciopinto
    tom.jigsaw@verizon.net
    Trailbraker
    Trailbraker

My Tires Need a Lift To Beaver Run Empty Thanks for your responses

Post  Trailbraker Fri May 13, 2011 4:07 pm

I want to thank everyone for your offers of help and creative ideas. I decided last night that
    the funds would be better spent on two events later in the schedule. See you at NJMP in July. To all, have a great, safe weekend at BR and "keep the shiny side up".

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:21 am