EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

4 posters

Summit Point Saturday Race Video

EarlR
    EarlR

Summit Point Saturday Race Video Empty Summit Point Saturday Race Video

Post  EarlR Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:52 pm

For anyone interested, I've posted my in-car video of the Saturday sprint race here. Had a great race going with one of the SMs (maybe Fred Ferguson?) until the car started acting 'funny' at about the 15 min mark. I know we were racing out of class, but as neither of us had anyone in class to race with it made for good fun. I hope Fred (of whoever that was) felt the same.

Hope to do more events with EMRA next year, it was nice seeing a few old friends I haven't seen in a while.
    wreckerboy
    wreckerboy

Summit Point Saturday Race Video Empty Re: Summit Point Saturday Race Video

Post  wreckerboy Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Damn pesky Miatas.... Laughing

You got that glorified pick up truck moving along very nicely there for a little while at least. Was it a tire?
    EarlR
    EarlR

Post  EarlR Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:57 pm

wreckerboy wrote:Damn pesky Miatas.... Laughing

You got that glorified pick up truck moving along very nicely there for a little while at least. Was it a tire?

Yeah, those damn Miatas just don't quit buzzing around you; kinda like mosquitos...

Wasn't a tire - they all were full of air when I got back to the paddock. Haven't looked yet, but am hoping it's just a shock. As to the engine thing - my best guess is either a partly clogged pre-filter, or a fuel pickup problem. I'll look at it this weekend.

And actually, now that I think about it, I did notice Bruce hanging around the car when I came back from lunch...hmmmm
    StDigital
    StDigital

Post  StDigital Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks for sharing this! I forgot to turn my camera on but with this I got to review my battle with the two Mustangs at the start. I was in the yellow and black 00 ST-5 Miata. I enjoyed running with your club and hope to 'buzz' around some more with you guys next year. Smile

EarlR

Post  EarlR Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:03 am

StDigital wrote:Thanks for sharing this! I forgot to turn my camera on but with this I got to review my battle with the two Mustangs at the start. I was in the yellow and black 00 ST-5 Miata. I enjoyed running with your club and hope to 'buzz' around some more with you guys next year. Smile

Gideon - it was nice 'racing' with you (more like watching you mixing it up with a couple of ST-3s...or 2s, or whatever they were); I would only suggest if you want a little more air time, next time don't drive away from the camera car Very Happy
    bcb
    bcb

Post  bcb Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:37 pm

EarlR wrote:
    wreckerboy wrote:Damn pesky Miatas.... Laughing

Yeah, those damn Miatas just don't quit buzzing around you; kinda like mosquitos...

Wasn't a tire - they all were full of air when I got back to the paddock. Haven't looked yet, but am hoping it's just a shock. As to the engine thing - my best guess is either a partly clogged pre-filter, or a fuel pickup problem. I'll look at it this weekend.

And actually, now that I think about it, I did notice Bruce hanging around the car when I came back from lunch...hmmmm

While I'd like to take credit, I didn't touch your car. You did that all on your own. Look at the bright side: having the car fail saved you from flying off the track later.....

Bruce

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 am