EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association


    Summit Point Saturday Race Video

    Share
    avatar
    EarlR

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2011-08-23
    Location : Out there, somewhere...

    Summit Point Saturday Race Video

    Post  EarlR on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:52 pm

    For anyone interested, I've posted my in-car video of the Saturday sprint race here. Had a great race going with one of the SMs (maybe Fred Ferguson?) until the car started acting 'funny' at about the 15 min mark. I know we were racing out of class, but as neither of us had anyone in class to race with it made for good fun. I hope Fred (of whoever that was) felt the same.

    Hope to do more events with EMRA next year, it was nice seeing a few old friends I haven't seen in a while.
    avatar
    wreckerboy

    Posts : 37
    Join date : 2010-12-06

    Re: Summit Point Saturday Race Video

    Post  wreckerboy on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm

    Damn pesky Miatas.... Laughing

    You got that glorified pick up truck moving along very nicely there for a little while at least. Was it a tire?
    avatar
    EarlR

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2011-08-23
    Location : Out there, somewhere...

    Re: Summit Point Saturday Race Video

    Post  EarlR on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:57 pm

    wreckerboy wrote:Damn pesky Miatas.... Laughing

    You got that glorified pick up truck moving along very nicely there for a little while at least. Was it a tire?

    Yeah, those damn Miatas just don't quit buzzing around you; kinda like mosquitos...

    Wasn't a tire - they all were full of air when I got back to the paddock. Haven't looked yet, but am hoping it's just a shock. As to the engine thing - my best guess is either a partly clogged pre-filter, or a fuel pickup problem. I'll look at it this weekend.

    And actually, now that I think about it, I did notice Bruce hanging around the car when I came back from lunch...hmmmm
    avatar
    StDigital

    Posts : 1
    Join date : 2011-11-15
    Location : Frenchtown, NJ

    Re: Summit Point Saturday Race Video

    Post  StDigital on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:39 pm

    Thanks for sharing this! I forgot to turn my camera on but with this I got to review my battle with the two Mustangs at the start. I was in the yellow and black 00 ST-5 Miata. I enjoyed running with your club and hope to 'buzz' around some more with you guys next year. Smile


    _________________
    Gideon Lenkey
    00 ST-5 Miata
    avatar
    EarlR

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2011-08-23
    Location : Out there, somewhere...

    Re: Summit Point Saturday Race Video

    Post  EarlR on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:03 am

    StDigital wrote:Thanks for sharing this! I forgot to turn my camera on but with this I got to review my battle with the two Mustangs at the start. I was in the yellow and black 00 ST-5 Miata. I enjoyed running with your club and hope to 'buzz' around some more with you guys next year. Smile
    _________________
    Gideon Lenkey
    00 ST-5 Miata

    Gideon - it was nice 'racing' with you (more like watching you mixing it up with a couple of ST-3s...or 2s, or whatever they were); I would only suggest if you want a little more air time, next time don't drive away from the camera car Very Happy
    avatar
    bcb

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2011-01-03
    Location : New Jersey

    Re: Summit Point Saturday Race Video

    Post  bcb on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:37 pm

    EarlR wrote:
    wreckerboy wrote:Damn pesky Miatas.... Laughing

    You got that glorified pick up truck moving along very nicely there for a little while at least. Was it a tire?

    Yeah, those damn Miatas just don't quit buzzing around you; kinda like mosquitos...

    Wasn't a tire - they all were full of air when I got back to the paddock. Haven't looked yet, but am hoping it's just a shock. As to the engine thing - my best guess is either a partly clogged pre-filter, or a fuel pickup problem. I'll look at it this weekend.

    And actually, now that I think about it, I did notice Bruce hanging around the car when I came back from lunch...hmmmm


    While I'd like to take credit, I didn't touch your car. You did that all on your own. Look at the bright side: having the car fail saved you from flying off the track later.....

    Bruce

    Sponsored content

    Re: Summit Point Saturday Race Video

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:45 pm