EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

+3
Dave Z
rkkgto
Vistecr
7 posters

Hello New here and Need some info

Vistecr
    Vistecr

Hello New here and Need some info Empty Hello New here and Need some info

Post  Vistecr Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:25 pm

Hello Im new to all this road racing autocross and need some info...

I try to register online but it wont let me do it. Where/How do i become a member? How much is it to be a member?
    there's no updates on the actual website what's the cost of each event? who can i contact?

Also in another post i read about the events for this year. for the NY safety track Time trail dates any car can race? according to this http://www.emraracing.org/Race/TimeTrials.aspx is this true? Or where can I find the rules for each event? I just want to be sure as im 4 hours away and would love to make the trip. The track looks like alot of fun.
    rkkgto
    rkkgto

Hello New here and Need some info Empty Re: Hello New here and Need some info

Post  rkkgto Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Hello, the EMRA web site does have the rules and car class sheet. emraracing.org As far as registration, go to motorsports reg.com This has the 2013 EMRA shcedule. Registration is now open. First event is a time trial event @ LimeRock Park on april 13 I know the EMRA web site for 2013 is under construction, should be up soon. cheers
    Dave Z
    Dave Z

Post  Dave Z Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:37 am

As rkkgto has mentioned--the rules for car prep and classification are on the website. As for your specific question regarding "membership" -- there is no "membership" in EMRA per se. EMRA does provide a license to compete--whether it be wheel to wheel racing (race prepped cars)-- or as a time trialer (street cars the norm, race prepped cars welcome). EMRA-as its name implies-is an association of a number of "clubs". It is not mandatory that you belong to one of the clubs unless you are aiming for a class championship. Anyone can come join us for the fun but we do encourage participants to join one of our founding clubs. I am a member of the club with the best name--SSSC&BDS (South Shore Sports Car & Beer Drinking Society) -- and coolest membership logo. I am the SSSC&BDS rep to EMRA's board of directors. Any one of the club reps or board officers will be happy to answer your questions. You can become a member of any of the clubs now--at the track--or later. If you have any other specific (or general) questions don't hesitate to ask. I can be reached at----fastforwardphoto(AT)yahoo(DOT)com----Dave Zipkin aka "the photo guy"
    supercooper
    supercooper

Post  supercooper Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm new here too. Not to hijack your thread but I need some of the same info/help. Does EMRA have a licencing school? I'll have a novice permit in a few weeks after my medical forms are filled out and submitted. I joined SCCA, built a car for the ST1 class and just really want to get more track time that'll go towards a competetive license. Any help would be appreciated. My email is ctcollisioncenter@aol.com Thanks, Mark
    miniracer
    miniracer

Post  miniracer Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Whats up Supercooper, I am not on the board but I can give my experience with the group.

Last year was my first competitive type driving other than some autocrosses. I went to motorsportreg.com andregistered, I came to the site here and printed out the forms. Brought them with me to the track and I was good to go. My first event was at lime rock last year. You will be in the red run group and may or may not have an instructor with you. I was solo (no instructor) in the red run group but I also had Skip Barber license/Bertil Roos/BMWCCA background. At the end of the day, I received my license. You will also have to attend the classes in between runs and they are very helpful. If you get a good instructor, you can learn alot more than you could at Skip Barber(formula vs miata).

So basically you will be driving on the track, with or without an EMRA license. You will probably have an instructor who is going to determine whether you can receive a license and it might not be that day. May take a few outings.

Also, if you have RMW parts, you might be in TMF, I have a cooper as well.

Here's a video of some Mini fun at NJMP:
    supercooper
    supercooper

Post  supercooper Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:08 am

miniracer wrote:Whats up Supercooper, I am not on the board but I can give my experience with the group.

Last year was my first competitive type driving other than some autocrosses. I went to motorsportreg.com andregistered, I came to the site here and printed out the forms. Brought them with me to the track and I was good to go. My first event was at lime rock last year. You will be in the red run group and may or may not have an instructor with you. I was solo (no instructor) in the red run group but I also had Skip Barber license/Bertil Roos/BMWCCA background. At the end of the day, I received my license. You will also have to attend the classes in between runs and they are very helpful. If you get a good instructor, you can learn alot more than you could at Skip Barber(formula vs miata).

So basically you will be driving on the track, with or without an EMRA license. You will probably have an instructor who is going to determine whether you can receive a license and it might not be that day. May take a few outings.

Also, if you have RMW parts, you might be in TMF, I have a cooper as well.

Here's a video of some Mini fun at NJMP:

That's seems pretty simple. I registered for the event at LRP on April 13th. Do you have a link to the forms you said you brought with you? I don't have a ton of backround in road racing but have done 2 time trial days with another club when I had a cadillac cts-v. Now i'm at the point where the mini is a vehicle I bought just to focus on road racing with and want to get more involved. Great video btw!
    miniracer
    miniracer

Post  miniracer Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:13 pm

I dont see the forms on the web site, it hasnt been updated in a while. They will have the forms at the track, so you can fill them out there. Its just a couple of forms, waiver, medical contact, etc. I forgot to bring mine to an event last year and filled them out at NJMP.

Will the web site be updated soon?
    supercooper
    supercooper

Post  supercooper Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:34 pm

I found the medical form and dropped it off at the docs today. I'll have it in time to present to the emra oficials next saturday. Thanks again for all the info
    Dave Z
    Dave Z

Post  Dave Z Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Just so you know---Saturday (at Lime Rock) is a Time Trial event only -- so no medical form is necessary--that's for wheel to wheel racing. Leave yourself a little extra time on arrival for filling out the registration (no big deal). Registration will take place on the second floor of the timing building. There will be folks there to help you along.
    There was an update today on the status of the website--it is being worked on--check it after this weekend.
    wreckerboy
    wreckerboy

Post  wreckerboy Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:45 am

miniracer wrote:Will the web site be updated soon?

Sorry for the inconvenience, work is going on behind the scenes (feverishly) to get that fixed.
    supercooper
    supercooper

Post  supercooper Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:28 am

Dave Z wrote:Just so you know---Saturday (at Lime Rock) is a Time Trial event only -- so no medical form is necessary--that's for wheel to wheel racing. Leave yourself a little extra time on arrival for filling out the registration (no big deal). Registration will take place on the second floor of the timing building. There will be folks there to help you along.
    There was an update today on the status of the website--it is being worked on--check it after this weekend.

I thought I needed to bring it to apply for a license?
    luxige
    luxige

Post  luxige Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Great handle, Supercooper!

Medical is needed for Race events, but not Time Trials.

See ya there.…

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:31 am