EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

3 posters

Two questions about this weekend

MonsterRaceworx
    MonsterRaceworx

Two questions about this weekend Empty Two questions about this weekend

Post  MonsterRaceworx Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:07 am

Morning everyone,

First question: I have seen the track map that was posted in previous thread. I have not seen anyone contest this layout so I assume it is set in stone that we are running Southeast option 3. Are we running the optional chicane on the long straight and is anyone aware of a video of this config?

Question 2: Does EMRA/Pocono support the MyLaps live timing?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Dave Z
    Dave Z

Two questions about this weekend Empty Pocono layout

Post  Dave Z Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Nothing is written in stone. We did have a rep from FRCCA at the last board meeting who had been to the track and had put in a few mild laps -- turns out the transition from the back straight to the infield will not work for open wheel cars so we are considering using a different configuration for their sessions. There will be EMRA folks at the track late Friday and early Saturday and a final configuration will be decided on then. Keep in mind that no one has raced on this track layout yet so knowing the layout according to the map is not knowing much. No one will be at any advantage over anyone else.
    As for your technical question---a more technical person will have to answer that. See you there--Dave
    MonsterRaceworx
    MonsterRaceworx

Two questions about this weekend Empty Re: Two questions about this weekend

Post  MonsterRaceworx Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave. I am not worried about somebody having an advantage. I have never been to Pocono and was just trying to get a feel for the track. More concerned about making an ass out of myself than trying to have an advantage. lol!

As far as the mylaps live timing, I can always load the app onto my phone at the track. Thanks again for the reply Dave.
    PiTBULLRACING
    PiTBULLRACING

Post  PiTBULLRACING Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:24 pm

MonsterRaceworx wrote:Thanks for the reply Dave. I am not worried about somebody having an advantage. I have never been to Pocono and was just trying to get a feel for the track. More concerned about making an ass out of myself than trying to have an advantage. lol!

As far as the mylaps live timing, I can always load the app onto my phone at the track. Thanks again for the reply Dave.

Im not exactly sure how My-laps works, But alot of us will have the same issue as there are quiet a few of us that use "HARRYS LAP TIMER". nothing in EMRAs POWER TO "DO" per say as the new configuration has never been run before.

as far as HARRYs users go.. I saw a way to set a POI at the start finish line and then HARRYS should calculate our simple lap times. ( we wont get any of the other data, but we will at least have lap times )

Hope that helps...

Regards, Alex E
    MonsterRaceworx
    MonsterRaceworx

Post  MonsterRaceworx Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks Alex, do you know which version of Harry's is the one I want? Petrolhead, Grand Prix or Rookie. Thanks again.
    PiTBULLRACING
    PiTBULLRACING

Post  PiTBULLRACING Wed May 01, 2013 1:25 pm

MonsterRaceworx wrote:Thanks Alex, do you know which version of Harry's is the one I want? Petrolhead, Grand Prix or Rookie. Thanks again.

I have petrol head .. it cost a few bucks more but the amount of info is incredible.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 pm