EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

3 posters

Thank you for a great weekend!

Michael McLaughlin
    Michael McLaughlin

Thank you for a great weekend! Empty Thank you for a great weekend!

Post  Michael McLaughlin Mon May 23, 2011 2:36 pm

I wanted to thank everybody again for coming out to our BeaveRun event this weekend. Not only did we make new friends--we may have also added a new venue for EMRA for future seasons.

I want to thank all of the people who made the weekend possible: our volunteers, our sponsors, BeaveRun (for really helping us find additional track time), and our fellow clubs (SCCA Steel Cities, NASA, and FRCCA). Of course, the weekend would not have happened if not for the participants, so thanks most of all to you.

Thank you, Charlie, for helping me learn the ropes as Chief Steward. You wore many hats. Also, thanks to everyone who stepped up and loaned your cars to us for use as pace cars (I sharpened my skills at driving automatics!). Thanks to all of you who went out of your way for me personally as well, whether you shoved water bottles in my hands when I looked dehydrated, cooked or bought dinner, or transported coffee from the gas station to the track (next bike modification: cup holders).

I had a fantastic weekend. I hope everyone makes it home or already made it home safely--especially those of you whose cars had trouble. I left last night, so I made it home in time to get some sleep and get to work. Uneventful ride home for me except for when I jumped a deer. Yup. I jumped a deer. Didn’t crash or damage bike or anything. Just jumped it on I-80.

See you all at the next one,

Michael
    GOD
    GOD

Thank you for a great weekend! Empty Chief Steward

Post  GOD Mon May 23, 2011 4:10 pm

you did a great job this weekend.

The whole way home my eyes were glued to the roadsides looking for deer. Not fun.
    Andy Graham
    Andy Graham

Thank you for a great weekend! Empty Re: Thank you for a great weekend!

Post  Andy Graham Mon May 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Just wanted to thank you guys at EMRA for a great weekend, this was our first weekend under the new relationship
    with the FRCCA handling the open wheel cars and we had a great weekend of racing
    I hope for more great weekends together in the future.
    I was filling in for our chief John Heckman who was overseas, thank god his wife Sue knew what she was
    doing and thanks Chas for not calling me on the radio with any problems all weekend
    see you at NJMP

Sponsored content

Thank you for a great weekend! Empty Re: Thank you for a great weekend!

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:59 am