EMRA Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EMRA Forum

Official Web Discussion Board of the Eastern Motor Racing Association

2 posters

New guy, classing question

bvondran
    bvondran

New guy, classing question Empty New guy, classing question

Post  bvondran Mon May 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi guys,
    My name is Brian and I'm from the youngstown area. I'm really looking forward to time trialing with EMRA at Beaverun. This will be my first time trial ever and my first event with EMRA, and I have a classing question. My car is an SCCA ITA Honda CRX (with an SCCA logbook) with the following exceptions: 1) passengenger headlight has been replaced by a blank panel, 2) lightened flywheel, and 3) adjustable rear upper control arms. (Please note that I've never raced it this way, I bought it for track days and time trials and to work towards getting my license.)

I'm wondering what class this car fits into with EMRA. I was thinking ST4, but I'm not certain. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
    Brian
    civicminded
    civicminded

New guy, classing question Empty Re: New guy, classing question

Post  civicminded Fri May 13, 2011 8:09 am

Should still be ST4. Don't think the modifications are enough to warrant a bump to ST3, to compete with the Acura Integra Type R. No If that happens, buy a headlight from your local junkyard. You'd also be competing with Roger in ST4. Rolling Eyes
    bvondran
    bvondran

Post  bvondran Sat May 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've confirmed that it would be a ST4 car if not for the pesky lightened flywheel, so it's off to ST3 next weekend unless I work out an agreement with the other car running ST4. No big deal as 1) I'd rather not screw with someone else's points season in my nonconforming car and 2) it's my first "competitive" event in the car, so expectations of a Fangio-like performance aren't bouncing around my head. Also, I hope you guys keep coming to Beaverun and I want to run with you when you do, I'd prefer not to be known for cheating. Being really fast lol! i could live with that. Cheating to win, no thanks.

Brian

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:48 am